The Remarkable Truth About Dubai

Dubai is a tourist attraction no doubt. The fact that such a beautiful city that is predominantly inhabited by Muslims according to Vlugzee.com can blend its culture in a way that suits the western world is nothing but remarkable.

Arab nations around the world are infamous for less tolerance towards other religion and culture, but the same cannot be said of Dubai. Its Muslim gathering is about 74% of its population along with Christians, Buddhist, and others who occupy the remaining 26%.

Dubai has a lot of tolerance for other religions that is why there are lots of mosques, churches, gurdwaras, and temples in Dubai even though there is a sharia and civil law in the city.

One of such places of worship is the Gurunanak Darbar Sikh Temple, Unique in its design for where users pray and meditate in a serene environment. The site is also available for events such as Naming ceremony, child Amrit ceremony, marriage ceremonies, house, house warming service and much more.

St. Mary Catholic church is a hugely respected church in Dubai. Having close to eighty thousand active members. It also has a school that leans towards the nurturing of talent, social, cultural and ethical values. Also enclosed in the church are the Camboni missionary sisters that were established in 1977 also to promote the cause of the church.

The United Christian church started as a small community service in 1962, today it has over a thousand active members in Dubai worshiping in the Dubai evangelic church center.

For a perfect reason, the church has an online resource center where people go and study the word of God and a children program that are designed to suit kids from 4-11 years old.

Al Farooq Omar bin al Khattab is a must see if you are coming to Dubai for the first time. Prayers are part of a routine, especially during the Ramadan season. Most importantly, Al Farooq Omar ibn Al Khattab Mosque is one of only three in the country that is open to non-Muslims.

The mosques can accommodate as much as 2000 worshippers during prayers, seminars, lectures, summer camps and mosque tours. It is also open to Non- Muslims who might want to learn a thing or two from the Arab city, about Islam. A perfect way to blend Muslim beliefs with the western world.

Jumeirah mosque also emulated the open door policy to non-Muslims wishing to understand the religion better, from the five pillars of Islam, why Muslims pray five times a day, etc. It is one of the most beautiful mosques in the world, no wonder it is the most photographed.

Another place to take a look at is the Ismaili center Dubai that is built by Egyptian architects with exceptional masonry and craftsmanship. The primary purpose of the area, however, is to promote a cultural, intellectual and religious development of Islam.